My Healthy Shake Recipe
OK, this is not really a success tip, but following my healthy shake recipe and making this shake and having this shake every morning is.
I can’t say this enough, be very careful with your spoon in the blender if you do as I do.
The recipe is in the other post, but here it is again:
- Water (about 1/4 cup)
- An apple (with peelings, I just cut out the heart) – I use a Red Delicious
- Almonds (he suggests 3-5, I use 4)
- Ground Flax seeds (1 table spoon for men and 2 for women)
- Coconut oil (about 1 tablespoon)
- Whey protein (unflavored and non-hydrolyzed – 18g for men and 12g for women)
- Black-strap molasses (1 to 3 teaspoons)
- Honey (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon (ground – 1/2 teaspoon)
- Frozen fruits (to taste – Strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and anything else you like)
- Put the water in the blender
- Add the almonds, cinnamon, ground flax and coconut oil
- Put cover on blender and start it
- Cut up the apple and add it piece by piece (be careful to add them quickly as you don’t want splater)
- Add the frozen fruits a little at a time (same advice, watch for splater)
- Once all big pieces are all blended, you can open up cover to add molasses and honey
- Finally, add the whey protein
Keep in mind that this is just the way I do it. Most everyone else puts everything in before even starting the blender. I’ve never tried that but maybe it works just as good 🙂
Enjoy and share if you found this useful. Please comment your shake experiences.